Children and teenagers often draw attention to their struggles through changes in attitude and behavior. Parents may notice their child's lower frustration tolerance, increased defiance, withdrawal, acting out, troubled relationships, somatic symptoms, inattention, volatile mood, and so on.
I use mediums of play, art and discussion to help create a safe, supportive, contained and respectful therapeutic space for your child. With a keen eye and ear, I facilitate greater understanding of upsets, bolster strengths, while cultivating adaptive coping skills. A more resilient, confident, focused and joyful child has the adaptive resources to manage stress and remain developmentally on track.
Parents often seek professional help when their child exhibits intense, persistent and/or worsening signs of distress. Areas of concern may involve one or more of the following:
· Emotional: anxiety, depression, low self esteem, anger, psychological trauma (emotional, physical, sexual)
· Behavioral: low frustration tolerance, aggression, disruptive behavior, withdrawal, school avoidance, ADHD, inattention, impulsivity
· Interpersonal: poor social skills, few friends, parent-child conflict, sibling conflict
· Somatic: frequent belly aches, headaches, accident proneness
· School / academic: learning, motivation, stress, attention and sensory processing concerns, problems with competition